Want to impress your valentine on this valentine's day or just treat yourself with something sweet and delicious? Try these gourmet style chocolate dipped strawberries. Be it kids, friends or family, everyone will love them. They work wonderful even as a romantic dessert for your husband or fiance ;)
They taste so delicious that I don't need a reason or occasion to make them for myself. Here is how easy it is to make them.
Things you need:
- Fresh strawberries
- Chocolate chips of your choice
- Microwave or just a double boiler on stove top
- Vegetable oil (optional)
- For toppings: White chocolate, your choice of nuts finely chopped and mini chocolate chips (optional)
1. Wash and thoroughly dry strawberries. If your strawberries are wet, chocolate won't stick to them.
2. Get ready with your toppings in advance. ( I used finely chopped cashews, mini dark chocolate chips and white chocolate.) Melt the white chocolate and put into a ziploc bag or parchment cone.
3. Cover a plate (or cookie sheet ) with parchment (or wax paper).
4. If you have microwaveable chocolate go ahead and melt it according to directions on your package.
If your chocolate is not microwaveable, then use a double boiler on a stove top and melt the chocolate. Don't have a double boiler either? No worries many of us don't and here is a tutorial on how to make a double boiler at home. It just takes seconds :)
Tip: If your melted chocolate looks thick, add little unsalted butter or vegetable oil and mix thoroughly.
Once you melt the chocolate, dip your berries 3/4th way using a circular motion, wipe the excess chocolate that is dripping from berries on to the bowl side wall and place them on parchment paper covered plate.
To add toppings, as soon as you finish dipping the berries in chocolate roll them in your favorite topping before you set them on parchment paper covered plate.
Randomly drizzle white chocolate (that we melted earlier) on to chocolate dipped berries.
5. Now leave the berries at room temperature for about 15 mins and then put the entire plate of berries into refrigerator for about 15-30 mins.
6. Lift chocolate dipped strawberries off the parchment paper on to serving dish and enjoy!!! Don't they look irresistible?
Hope you will give it a try. I am sure once you try them at home, you will never buy them from store again.
Happy valentine's day :) Thank you for stopping by. I love to hear your comments. Have a great one.